Thursday, June 19, 2008

Phantom Guardians|Episode 4|

Violet and Shiroi finally got out of the forest and they finally see the bright shining sun. It was daytime and they were standing atop a cliff that oversaw a magnificent city brimming with beautiful achitectures, the softest of colours, fields with the prettiest flowers that spanned as far as they eye can see, rivers that looked so glassy and pure that reflected the blue sky and with citizens that were busy minding their own business and interacting with one another.

"Wow, I've never seen such a beautiful city in my life.." Violet said.

"Neither have I." Shiroi replied.

Both of them were awe-struck and amazed but little did they know that the road that leads to the city was dangerous and someone had been stalking them since their journey started in the forest.


.:The Mysterious Shadow:.


"So like, how are we gonna go down this cliff and walk into that magnificent city?" Violet asked.


"There's only one path that leads to the city." Shiroi said as he pointed at the path that leads downwards.


They both took the path and slowly descended towards the city.


Secretly, the mysterious figure quietly followed them both without revealing himself.


After a bit of walking, Shiroi stopped and sat down. "You know, huff,puff, we haven't really gotten real rest since you woke up.." he sighed

"Are you that tired? Can't you handle a little bit more punishment so that we can arrive at the city?" Violet asked

"You crazy!? The city is still far from here. We won't be able to reach it in less than half an hour. It'll probably take 2 hours or more..."

"Okay fine, we'll rest here for awhile."


They both sat down and ate some fruits that Violet found along the path.

"Mmm, grapes..tasty.."

"Wha!? Who said that!?" Shiroi asked

"It's me you idiot.. Forked Tongue. And for your information, grapes are my favourite~"

"How can you taste the grape I'm eating?

"I eat whatever you digest..That's how us Phantom Guardians eat..we're almost like babies! Ahahhahahahah"

"Uhh..okay.." Shiroi said

Violet sat down and closed her eyes as she focused and meditated

"Remember, I'll always be here waiting for you to fully realise how to summon me yourself.." White Katana said
"But how? Can't you teach me how to summon you" Violet asked
"That's for you to concentrate and master. If you can't summon me yourself then you don't deserve my aid" White Katana replied

Violet was somehow inside some kind of unearthly vortex

"Welcome to you're mind."

"Who said that?!" Violet demanded

"It's me, White Katana. And this is both your world, and mine.."

It was a very weird place to Violet. It was quiet and everything was white. There were no objects and the whole place had a vortex kind of feel.

"If you feel that you cannot handle anymore, you can exit this place at any time by stopping your meditation. Feel free to come back at your leisure but the longer you take to master the summoning technique, the slower your training will be." White Katana explained.

"You know, I can't even start the learn the technique if I don't even know how to.." Violet sighed

"Then you're gonna have to start finding it out here.." White Katana said.



Outside of the vortex world, Violet's eyes are still closed and she's motionless. Shiroi saw this and started to panic

"Violet! You there?!?" he said while waving infront of her

"It's ok dude, she's there. She's just meditating and White Katana pulled her into the Phantom world." Forked Tongue laughed

"What the hell?! Phantom world?! As if not knowing what a phantom guardian was not enough.." Shiroi said while being frustrated

"I thought you're a very calm and cool person?" Forked Tongue teased Shiroi.

"Ugh, don't tell me how I should act!" Shiroi shouted "You sound like my dad before I...uhh..you know what, forget it.."

"Sorry, it was my fault.."

"It's alright...I just need some rest.." Shiroi said.



Suddenly a loud gunshot was heard.



BANG!


Violet regained consciousness as she exited the phantom world and saw a bullet being stopped infront of her by a katana. It was White Katana's, well..katana..

"That's no ordinary bullet.. It's a sniper bullet." White Katana said



"Your phantom guardian is quite fast.." a mysterious voice echoed from the distance.


Walking towards Shiroi and Violet was the mysterious figure. As he got closer, it was a very fair skinned man with a black suit, black tie, black gloves and he wore sunglasses. He wore a red cap backwards and he was carrying with him an M24 sniper rifle.

"Who the hell are you!?" Violet shouted.

"Me? I'm Ivan. One of the 4 royal assassins from the P.O.W, and both of you are my targets." the guy said

"Then why'd you come out and show yourself?" Shiroi asked

"I wanted to introduce myself, and to kill you with my own Phantom Guardian" Ivan laughed.

"Bring it on asshole!" Shiroi grabbed his gun and shot Ivan but the bullet was blocked by the sniper rifle's body


White Katana and Forked Tongue got out of their respective owners and got ready to fight.

"I thought you said you'll only help us out that one time." Violet said

"Shut up Violet, if you die, then I die. The guardian dies with it's user!" White Katana shouted.

"Besides, this is no ordinary PG wielder. It's a member of the Phantom Outcast Warriors. And his PG is a high experienced one." Forked Tongue smirked.


"Ah..so these are your guardians, they look pretty weak to me, I wonder why the master was so worried about.." Ivan laughed again. "Now let us battle, shall we?"

He grabbed his sniper and aimed it at the ground, "SLASH YOUR ENEMIES WITH MIGHT,
Espée Bastarde" and he shot the ground.

A huge knight in dark black armor shot upwards from the ground and he was holding a long sword. Engraved on the sword were the words "4th Wielder of the Bastard Sword"

"You will die before you can even master the art of summoning an experienced Phantom Guardian such as myself!"


The knight swung his bastard sword in a sweeping arc and a huge sonic wave was produced while flinging Shiroi and Violet backwards. White Katana jumped up into the air and slashed downwards onto the knight but he just grabbed her katana with his own bare hands and tossed her forward.

Forked Tongue saw this and rushed onwards and catch White Katana and put her down gently

"I don't need a hero to save me, I just need someone to focus on attacking this bastard with me!"


FT ran forward and dashed to the side while swinging his large scythe to cut through the knight's armor but the blade was deflected and FT flung backwards from the shock of the vibrations.

"Holy crap, that's one tough armor." FT said in shock.


"Do you really think you can cut through my dark armor? Don't make me laugh." Espée Bastarde roared loudly


He jumped forward and slashed downwards trying to split White Katana in half.


"Phantom Invokation!"

A scimitar stopped the bastard sword from touching WK. A middle aged man with grey hair and glasses was holding the scimitar.

"You, The 4th Royal assassin of the Phantom Outcast Warriors, shall leave at once or I shall be forced to kill you right here right now!" The man said.


"I know you, you're one of the highest ranking professor from the Phantom Sanctuary Guild,Friedrich! Show me your guardian and prove to me that you're not just all talk!" Ivan yelled.


"I never take orders from a P.O.W but you leave me no choice.."

Friedrich took his scimitar and made a small cut on his index finger. He plunged his scimitar deep on the ground and pointed his inder finger at Ivan.

"Lead this soul to his fate and lend me your aid, ANUBIS!"

The guardian of the underworld, Anubis, appeared as soon as the blood from Friedrich's index finger trickled down and touched the scimitar. It was a soul with the body of a normal man and the head of a jackal. He stood roughly 6 feet tall and held a golden staff with a blade at one end and a crescent shaped design with the symbol of death at the other.


"Just use your egyptian desert wind to blow those useless morons away."

"As you wish, Friedrich."

"Blow these pitiful souls as far away from here. Egyptian Desert Wind!"

Anubis pointed his staff at Ivan and Espée Bastarde and a strong gust of wind blew them upwards and a huge tornado sucked them in and were sent away.


"Who the hell are you!?" Forked Tongue said


"I'm a friend and an ally" Friedrich smiled.

No comments: